The Boys’ State towns split into their two parties, the Federalists and the Nationalists, this morning to develop their party platforms. The morning was full of political debate, insightful discussion, and at the end of the morning their party candidates had their stances on which to campaign.
Some of the Nationalist Party stances are:
- For Genetically Modified Domestic Crops
- Against the Keystone Pipeline
- For the legalization of both medical and recreational marijuana
- For Education and Mental Health Reform.
Some of the Federalist Party stances are:
- For a flat income tax rate
- For statewide education assistance and job training
- For 2nd Amendment Right to bare arms
- For Renewable Energy
- For Agricultural education